Struggling to connect with your team and clients for virtual meetings? Here are 100 icebreaker questions that will make it easier to build trust, create connection, and get everyone warmed up before tackling complex topics or conversations.
- Share your three most-used emojis with the group, and why.
- What's the best thing that's happened to you this morning (besides coffee)?
- What's something you own that people would be surprised to know you have?
- What made you proud/excited this week?
- What’s the most interesting thing that happened to you this week?
- What is the most unusual thing you can see outside your window right now?
- Name three things that make you happy.
- What is something that no one else knows about you?
- Who has been your biggest inspiration in life?
- Finish this sentence: I wish I knew how to ____
- What would be your dream Zoom background?
- Find the picture online that describes how you feel now. Use it for your Zoom background now
- Look around. Show us three things you have with you now and why you have them.
- What emoji best describes how you're feeling about this virtual meeting?
- If you had unlimited resources, what's the first thing you'd do to improve this virtual meeting?
- What's the one question that never gets asked at virtual meetings but should?
- How do you make sure everyone is engaged during online meetings?
- What's the best way to make a virtual team bonding successful?
- What's the best way to break out of awkward silence in an online meeting?
- What's the most creative way to start a Zoom call?
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you choose?
- If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
- If money wasn't an issue, where would you travel to first?
- If we were all on a deserted island, what would be the one item you'd bring?
- If your house was on fire, what would be the one item that you’d save first?
- If time travel were possible, which time period would visit first and why?
- If you could only use one emoji to communicate today, which one would it be?
- If you could invite any historical figure to join the meeting, who would it be and why?
- If you had to be a color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could teach us anything, what would it be?
- If you could be famous for something, what would it be?
- Name three things that make you smile instantly.
- Who do people say you look like?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is the most interesting experience you’ve ever had?
- How many languages can you speak fluently?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What is the recent skill that you mastered?
- What new skill do you want to learn and why?
Books and movies
- If you could turn any book into a movie, which one would it be?
- If your life was a movie, what genre of movie would it be?
- What was the last book or movie that made you laugh out loud?
- Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
- What would you name the autobiography of your life?
- What book have you read lately that you couldn’t put down?
- What book are you reading now? Would you recommend it?
- If this virtual meeting was a movie, what genre would it be and why?
- Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
- What song gets stuck in your head all the time?
Food and drinks
- What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What would you rather do: cook dinner for your family or order takeout?
- Would you rather eat only pizza or only ice cream all day?
- Are you a tea person or a coffee person?
Pets and animals
- If your pet could talk, what would it say to you first?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- What’s the craziest / cutest / funniest animal you’ve ever seen in person?
- If animals could talk, which one would you want to have a conversation with first?
- What do you think the internet would be like if cats ruled the world?
- What superpower would make your day-to-day life easier?
- If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
- What would be your ideal superpower for a virtual meeting?
- What do you think is the most underrated superpower?
- If you could choose any superpower for someone else, who would it be and why?
Would you rather
- Would you rather explore outer space or dive deep into the ocean depths?
- Would you rather be the worst player on a team that always wins or the best player on a team that always loses?
- Would you rather be the funniest person alive or the smartest person alive?
- Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible?
- Would you rather have a pet dinosaur or a pet dragon?
- Would you rather be the smartest person in the world or the best athlete in the world?
- Would you rather live in a mansion in the city or on a farm with lots of animals?
- Would you rather set the table before dinner or wash the dishes after dinner?
- Would you rather have breakfast on the Eiffel tower or dinner in a castle?
- Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- Would you rather solve world hunger or global warming?
- Would you rather be able to speak any language or be able to communicate with animals?
- Would you rather detect every lie you hear or get away with every lie you tell?
- Would you rather be criticized or be ignored?
- Would you rather look strong and be weak or look weak and be strong?
Fun and easy
- What's the most creative way you've used leftovers?
- What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
- What's the best advice anyone has ever given you?
- Is it more important to be liked or respected?
- What was the best gift that you have ever received?
- What is the first thing you would do if there was a zombie apocalypse?
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- What’s the best outdoor activity you’ve never done?
- How would you describe your morning routine in 3 words?
- What’s something that everyone needs to try at least once in life?
- Out of all the people who would you choose to be your mentor?
- What's something that makes you unique?
- What's the craziest dream you've ever had?
- What is the most random fact that you know?
- How do you think your life would be different if you had to use a typewriter instead of a computer?
- What's one of the biggest risks you've taken in your career? How do you feel about having taken it?
- How would your best friend describe you?
- What's one thing you want to do in life, but don't know where to start?
- What's one productivity tool you couldn't live without?
- What's the most useful thing you own?
Photo by charlesdeluvio on Unsplash